Sunday, July 20, 2008

Biketime Bonding

This is Tato's hot little Chariot.
We love it and still can't believe how lucky we were to have found one at REI's Garage Sale. We took his helmet off for the last mile home because it was SO hot out, plus his Chariot has an aluminum roll cage, like racecars. So cool!

My new bike is to the far right. I love it!
Big hugs to Ric for buying and building it up for me.
P.S. 'bout time!

Ric informed me right before my maiden voyage that everyone falls when they first use clip-in pedals. I swore that no matter what kind of rites of passage cyclists have, I will NOT fall! Would you guess? I freakin' fell! Ric called out too late that he wanted to take the left fork in the dirt road and to avoid hitting Tato's pod, I jerked my handle bars - too far.

I scraped my right leg, took two huge chunks out of my right palm, and jammed my handlebars into my left chest - Ugh! I seriously thought I broke a rib or two. I opened my eyes to Ric standing over me, asking me if I want him to call an ambulance. Mateo was getting upset, so Ric had to position him so that he could see me, albeit lying on the ground. I am happy to say that I'm healing quickly and quite nicely. (Pictures were post clean-up, so all blood was washed away.)

3 comments:

Nina and Thomas said...

Wipeout!

Jojo said...

Whoa, dude! So are you becoming a full fledged cyclist? There are a lot of fun trails in Madison...

Hailey and Joseph said...

Ohhhhhhh Ivy...I didn't know why everyone on facebook had asked if you were feelign better until I checked in to the blog. I feel your pain. The clips are hard and many people before you have fallen. I have been witness to such events. I am glad you are feeling better. Mateo is getting so big, I can't even get over him. When will we all get together next?!?!?!