Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's A Boy!

...No, not me. I wish though. Ann and Steve are expecting Baby Boy Griffin this Christmas. We threw them a little shower to share in their excitement and anxiety.

I got them a cake from Cake Nouveau in Ann Arbor, and this was the cool creation that Courtney came up with. I came up with the idea, Jojo sent her a sketch and description and Courtney did the rest. It was a huge it. This tasty dessert was pumpkin cake with buttercream. We served it with hot apple cider. Mmm, mmm, mmm... My parents' cat even thought the chicks (Ruari & Teagan) were real.

Mateo had his eye on that blue egg from the start. Did I mention that everything on that cake was edible. The chicks and egg were made of edible gum paste.

Yes, I did let him get in a couple of nibbles, but that I was it! I couldn't imagine what the night would have been like had he eaten as much as he wanted to. Eek!



He enjoyed the live music and watching Lolo & Lola Orca dance to their song, "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley but performed that night by Tito Ronnie. He has an incredible voice.





No comments: