Tuesday, February 24, 2009

POLLO!!!

Jan. 23 - After the Hands-On Museum, we went to Chipotle for an early dinner. We were so early in fact that we were the only customers there for a few minutes. We sat Tato down at the booth closest to the cashiers and went up to order. While I was waiting my turn to order, Tato stood up and yelled, "MAMA! POLLO, MAMA!" Anyone and everyone could hear him clear as day. I couldn't help but break into a huge, proud smile. Then I heard it again, "POLLO! MAMA, POLLO!" As the lady working the counter put it, "that is the cutest thing." It really was! Tato was reminding me to order him "chicken." I was so proud that he used his Spanish word appropriately. Later, that same lady brought him over a sticker for such good use of his Spanish. The only embarrassing part was the decibel level. Man, is he one VERY loud boy! I couldn't imagine him any other way. Te quiero my corazon.

No comments: