Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Update...

Jan. 20-21, 2007 - We attended our Childbirth Prep Class this weekend. We both learned a lot but watching all of those birthing videos kind of raised my level of anxiety. Still that didn't deter me from signing up to give birth at the Alternative Birthing Center. That means no epidural, but I can still get pain meds, a huge jacuzzi, a queen-size bed, etc...

Jan. 22, 2007 - Well, BBLung is STILL in the breech position! This was confirmed today by ultrasound. The doctor is giving him another couple weeks to flip on his own, but if he doesn't Ric & I agreed that that's just the way he wants to be and we'll schedule a C-section and forego the Alternative Birthing Center. It's hard to believe that I'd even have to consider one, but that's just the way it goes, I guess. I've tried the pelvic tilt, sound, light, visualization, etc... but as life has it, BBLung is still in the head up/butt down position. Check back in the a couple of weeks to find out if he has in fact flipped...

Jan. 23, 2007 - Ric left for a business trip to the Twin Cities (St. Paul/Minneapolis) for the week, so Mr., BBLung and I are holding down the fort on our own. Good thing Nina lives close by and a has two days off this week just in case anything comes up.
Tonight is another Baby Class for me, which means I'm going to miss the Washington Wizards v. Phoenix Suns game!!! For those of you who don't know, I'm a HUGE NBA fan! A definite die-hard Pistons fan, but I'll watch most any NBA game. Ric is more of a fair-weathered fan. Thank goodness for Sirius Radio : )


No comments: